This is part 1 of some DIY holiday gifts I’ll be attempting. I finally felt the craft urge… it’s only been 9 months! I’ve been spending what free time I do have on photography, so crafting has taken a backseat.
Time has been going by so quickly that I find myself not doing the holiday or other gifts I usually enjoy, because the holiday is upon me before I realize it! This year, i wanted to make something for my staff. I thought these watercolor mugs would be just the thing!
Things you’ll need:
- Plain white ceramic mugs – these are at the craft store, the dollar store, and lots of other places.
- A plastic container that’s large enough to dip the entire mug in
- Warm water
- Various nail polishes of your choosing
- Some nail polish remover and paper towels or q-tips (in case you don’t like the way something looks)
- Toothpicks, bobby pins, or bamboo skewers – just something small you can use to stir things around if needed
- Cardboard or a junky towel to put your mugs on while they dry
- Optional: Shellac spray